Mass Effect 2 Save Editor
Gibbed’s mass effect 2 save editor ! Very easy to use! This save editor can edit your character, resources paragon/renegade points, name, credits, some main plot choices and so on. This save editor will also let you edit mass effect 1 saved events, add squad members and complete their loyality missions with one simple click!
How to open and edit Mass Effect 2 save games with mass effect 2 save editor
1. If you have not done so, download Gibbed’s Mass Effect 2 Save Editor
2. locate and load the savegame you want to edit
Each Mass Effect 2 career have it’s own unique directory. under Windows XP you can find the directory root folder here:
../Documents and Settings/YourComputerID/My Documents/BioWare/Mass Effect 2/Save
3. Make modifications and save the changes, then click on the 3rd icon (top left) that looks like an ancient 3.5″ floppy disk, a window will pop up. Now you can change folder, overwrite or simply give your modified savegame a new name. If you give your save a new name, follow the naming restrictions to be safe i.e. if you do not want to overwrite your (example) Save_0001.pcsav save, then just save it as Save_0002.pcsav – when making major changes, try to not overwrite your original save if you messed up without knowing it.
How to locate and modify general aspects in a savegame
1. open Gibbed’s Mass Effect 2 Save Editor and load the savegame you want to modify
2. click the “Raw” tab
3. under “[-] 2. Squad” click on “[+] Player” to expand the branch
4. Here you will find lots of good stuff to modify.
How to change the name of your character using mass effect 2 save editor:
1. Under the “Raw” tab, “[-] 2. Squad”, and a expanded “[+] Player” located the “First Name” field.
2. Left click on the field that contains the actual name, and simply change it.
3. Save and load your savegame into the game to see the changes.
How to change your class mid-game (and/or give yourself talent points):
1. In-game calculate how much “Talent Points” your character would have after a respec and write it up, then load the savegame you want to modify with Gibbed’s Mass Effect 2 Save game Editor.
2. Under the “Raw” tab, “[-] 2. Squad”, and a expanded “[+] Player” located these two fields directly under [+] Appearance:
Class Friendly name
3. In order to now change your class to a new one replace the actual class data in Class Friendly name and Class Name fields with this information:
To become a Sentinel
Class Friendly name: 93951
Class Name: SFXGame.SFXPawn_PlayerSentinel
To become a Soldier
Class Friendly name: 93952
Class Name: SFXGame.SFXPawn_PlayerSoldier
To become a Engineer:
Class Friendly name: 93953
Class Name: SFXGame.SFXPawn_PlayerEngineer
To become a Adept:
Class Friendly name: 93954
Class Name: SFXGame.SFXPawn_PlayerAdept
To become an Vanguard:
Class Friendly name: 93956
Class Name: SFXGame.SFXPawn_PlayerVanguard
To become an Infiltrator
Class Friendly name: 93955
Class Name: SFXGame.SFXPawn_PlayerInfiltrator
4. Your talent points will reset to “null” after a class change in the editor, so locate the field “Talent Points” and enter the memorized number of your actual character (or cheat away with a bigger number).
5. Save and load the save game into mass effect 2 save editor and then distribute the talent points to your new class. You have to re-drag most battle icons since your class change often use new ones.